Thursday, October 2, 2008

Becoming a JFMFer

Greetings Everyone!

As you know, I will be travelling to Japan on October 12th with 159 other educators as a member of the Japan Fulbright Memorial Fund Teacher Program. I'm so excited about this, and I hope you will follow me via this blog and comment on my travels! Click on "Becoming a JFMFer" to find out more about this incredible program for teachers and administrators! I also put a link to the program on the right side of your screen.

I still don't know my complete itinerary, but here is how it will begin:

At 6:00 am on Sunday, October 12, I will fly out of Bradley International Airport to San Francisco for orientation with the other participants. That evening, we will be attending a reception at the official residence of the Japanese Consul General in San Francisco. What an honor! Do you know who the Japanese Consul General is, and what services the Consulate provides? Check out this website and let me know what you find out! http://www.sf.us.emb-japan.go.jp/e_top.htm


On Monday, I leave for Tokyo and Hiroshima, where I will spend almost three weeks learning about Japanese culture and schools. Visit this blog often! I will be posting lots of photos and asking questions for you to answer. Please include your first name, school, and town when you answer. I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments: